Did you know Americans eat an acre’s worth of pizza daily? Mamma mia! With more than 350 pizza slices consumed every minute throughout America U.S., it’s appropriate to celebrate a national holiday in honour of one of America’s favorite meals, pizza.
This year, on February 9th, dairy farmers could see a surge in cheese sales as consumers celebrate National Pizza Day. Pizza consumption has increased cheese intake by over 40 per cent since 1995, as per Eat This Not That!
Here are some additional important facts to help you enjoy the day:
- Pizza makes up greater than 10 per cent of meals sold through food services.
- Twenty-two per cent of Americans believe they can consume a whole pizza in their own home.
- Every person in America consumes around 46 pizza slices per year.
- Pizzas worth more than five billion are consumed annually, with 3 billion of those sales coming via the U.S.
- The five most popular pizza sales days are Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, the night before Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Day.
- One of the pizza deliveries that took the longest ran from Cape Town, South Africa, to Sydney, Australia.
- Pizza is the second most-loved fast food item in America, following hamburgers.
- The cheese topping is the most well-known pizza topping, followed by pepperoni and sausage.
- Thirty per cent of Americans consume pizza at minimum once a week.
- One of the most extravagant pizzas you can buy is $12,000. It’s topped with three varieties of buffalo mozzarella, caviar, pink Australian salt, and squilla and is created by master chef Renato Viola, who hails from Italy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.